Calendar of Events
November 23, 2015: Speaker series - Bees with Kimberly Stoner of CAES. Hartland School, 7:30 pm.
Remember us when shopping on Amazon.
Put a smile on HLT's face when ordering from Amazon by using Amazon Smiles. 0.5% of qualified purchases will go directly to our land trust. Thank you!
What's new with the HLT:
What's the buzz about our bees? Come to our Speaker Series and find out! November 23rd, 2015 at 7:30 p.m.
The 2016 Hartland Photo Calendars are done! Available at the Town Hall in East Hartland, the Hartland Library in West Hartland, the Riverton Store and on our website under Join/Donate.
Everyone enjoyed Dr. Sandy's entertaining and informative presentation on chestnuts. If you missed it, here are some links on this interesting tree:
Key to the species of chestnut:
starting chestnut seed:
planting and caring for chestnut trees:
and a more general paper, growing chestnuts:
and a slide show:
We have another speaker series. Come join us on September 28th at 7:30pm, at the Hartland School gym.
(We will not be holding the presentation in the town hall anymore).
Available for sale that evening will be the new 2016 Hartland Land Trust calendars. They make terrific gifts.
- The 2015 edition of our newsletter is now available. (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- We've once again updated our DEEP Forestry page with the latest from David Irvin, Forester, CT DEEP.
- The first ever Hartland Land Trust photo calendar ($15) is available for sale at the Hartland Town Hall, during their hours of operation: http://www.hartlandct.org. You can also buy online, along with Hartland Land Trust caps: http://hartlandlandtrust.org/contact.htm.
- Our 2015 photo calendar was such a success that we are planning another one for 2016.
Put a smile on HLT's face when ordering from Amazon by using Amazon Smiles.
0.5% of qualified purchases will go directly to our land trust. Thank you!
- Hartland Middle School, in collaboration with the Hartland Land Trust, is participating in the Salmon-in-Schools project for the third year.
- Thanks to a new grant from the Farmington River Coordinating Committee, the program is being expanded into the Grade 3 classroom for the 2014-2015 school year.
- New link: https://sites.google.com/site/hartlandsalmoninschools/
Some photos from the HLT Annual Forum, featuring Gerri Griswold and spiny friend, New One.
Skull and crafts. Gerri Griswold and Sue Murray, with HLT baseball caps.
New--link to local organic farm: The Grassy Knoll Farm.
Check them out online or visit their Farm Store for naturally grown and handmade items.
- PLEASE NOTE: New mailing address for the Hartland Land Trust!
P.O. Box 12
East Hartland, CT
New email: hartlandCTlandtrust@gmail.com
- Download a membership form and join the Hartland Land Trust today!
- Read about how the Hartland Land Trust is supporting the Salmon in Schools project at the Hartland School.
Sorry, but the Moose Tee-Shirts are no longer available for sale. The Hartland land trust thanks everyone for supporting us in this fundraising endeavor. Please look for "Hartland" signs hand-crafted by Kris Anderson that will be sold at many of our events.
- Visit our DEEP Forestry Information page, brought to you by Dave Irvin, Forester with the CT DEEP. The most recent entry was added on April 26, 2015.
Past news items:
- The 2014 edition of our newsletter. (PDF, 3.1 MB)
- The 2013 edition of our newsletter. (PDF, 0.8 MB)
- The 2012 edition of our newsletter. Page 1. Page 2.
- The 2011 edition of our newsletter. (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- The 2010 edition of our newsletter. (PDF, 0.7 MB)
- HLT Trails Volunteer Day
- HLT awarded a Connecticut Land Trust Challenge Fund Grant.
- The 2009 HLT Annual Report is now available.
- The Spring 2009 newsletter is here, as well as the errata and additions file.
- The 2008 HLT Annual Report is available
- The Spring 2008 edition of our newsletter is out
- HLT hosted Robert Thorson, author of “Stone by Stone” as the guest speaker at its Annual Forum on June 2, 2008.
- The Hartland Natural Resource Inventory may be viewed here. Thirteen maps have been added.
- HLT's 501-c3 status was approved by the IRS in October, 2007!
- Hartland Land Trust Annual
Report, June 2007
- Town Mailing,
- Moose and Hartland Land Trust Share Goal , Incorporation